A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
What is Vaark?
Vaark is first person roguelike shooter set in an infinite voxel world. Explore the strange and hostile landscape, fight monsters, dig for gold and try to stay alive.
Follow your compass to the dungeon where you will find a portal to the next world. Be careful before entering dungeons! Creatures found in dungeons are stronger than the ones roaming outside - so be prepared: level up, stock up on items from the merchant and make sure you have a full health bar before diving in.
Is that it?
Nope. This game is still under active development. I'm adding new things whenever I get time to work on the game, and I aim to do regular releases.
- Mouse - Look
- Left Mouse Button - Shoot
- W, A, S, D - Movement
- Spacebar - Jump/Double Jump
- I - Inventory
- Escape - Quit, Pause, Exit Menu
New stuff in version 0.3.0
- New weapon: Dragon's Breath
- Fixed bug with weapon base damage modifier
- Player has 3 continues (keeping level, weapon and items)
- New Boss: The Beholder (end of level 1)
- Performance tweaks (AI updates happening on it's own time interval)
- Fixed wizards shooting themselves in the face
- New Enemy: Ogre (found in level 1 dungeon)
- Dungeon Maps: It's now much easier to navigate dungeons
- Replaced skyboxes with a generated sky
- Use a toon shader for dropped items
What's coming in future releases?
- New monsters to fight
- More weapons to wield
- Boss monsters to defeat
- Quests to complete
- ...and new worlds to explore!
Click download now to get access to the following files: